Tasman National Park is located on the island state of Tasmania in southern Australia. It is fairly due east of Hobart. The national park area covers an area of 41.5 square miles (107.5 sq km). It is found on parts of the Forestier and Tasman peninsulas while including all of the Tasman Island.
Tasman Island sits at 980 feet (300 m) above sea level making it one of the highest in the world. There are several geographical rock formations located across the bay and island coastline. These rock formations include Blowhole, Candlestick, Cathedral Rock, Devil’s Kitchen, Tasmans Arch, Totem Pole, and Waterfall Bay.
In addition to these rock formations, the national park is also home to three small islands known as The Lanterns.
The coastline landscapes are further enhanced with wildlife including fur seals, little penguins, the swift parrot, and the forty-spotted pardalote.
The rugged coastlines along the bay and island accompanied by the unique rock formations are the highlights of the park. Wildlife lovers might value the seals and penguins that further decorate the rocky coastline.
Trails of Tasman National Park
Three Capes Track: If you are ready for an adventure, you can take the four-day, three-night trek along the 46 km Three Capes Track. The trek begins at the bay at Port Arthur and travels past Denmans Cove ending at Fortescue Bay. Highlights include Arthurs Peak, Cape Pillar, Cape Hauy, Denmans Cove, Ellarwey Valley, and Mount Fortescue.
- Tasman Island coastlines
- Blowhole, Devil’s Kitchen and rock formations
- All Trails, Best Trails in Tasman National Park, https://www.alltrails.com/parks/australia/tasmania/tasman-national-park, retrieved October 2019.
- Discover Tasmania, Tasman National Park, https://www.discovertasmania.com.au/about/national-parks-and-wilderness/tasman-national-park, retrieved October 2019.
- Parks & Wildlife Services Tasmania, Tasman National Park, https://www.parks.tas.gov.au/?base=3868, retrieved October 2019.
- Tasmania, Tasman National Park, https://tasmania.com/things-to-do/national-parks/tasman-national-park/, retrieved October 2019.